arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for TIMESTAMP_NANOS in parquet-cpp
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2018 16:55:27 GMT
hi Roman,

We would welcome adding such a document to the Arrow wiki
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARROW. As to your other
questions, it really depends on whether there is a member of the
Parquet community who will do the work. Patches that implement any
released functionality in the Parquet format specification are
welcome.

Thanks
Wes
On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 10:59 AM Roman Karlstetter
<roman.karlstetter@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> in parquet-format, there is now support for TIMESTAMP_NANOS: https://github.com/apache/parquet-format/pull/102
> For parquet-cpp, this is not yet supported. I have a few questions now:
> • is there an overview of what release of parquet-format is currently fully support
in parquet-cpp (something like a feature support matrix)?
> • how fast are new features in parquet-format adopted?
> I think having a document describing the current completeness of implementation of the
spec would be very helpful for users of the parquet-cpp library.