arrow-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Siddharth Teotia <siddha...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: Arrow 0.6.0 release planning and timeline
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2017 18:45:31 GMT
I will review it by EOD.

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Li Jin <ice.xelloss@gmail.com> wrote:

> On the Java side I have https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-1296,
> which is small bug fix.
>
> If someone help review it would be great. Else if it doesn't get reviewed
> by 0.6 rc cut, we can take it off 0.6 release.
>
> Li
>
> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hi all,
> >
> > If there are no problems with the Plasma IP Clearance, I would like to
> > cut a release candidate for 0.6.0 at the beginning of next week. There
> > are a handful of issues pending on the Java and C++ side that I'll be
> > working to complete over the next several days. Please keep an eye on
> > the release page on JIRA:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ARROW/versions/12341088
> >
> > There are a number of outstanding Java patches; if you would like to
> > include any of these in the 0.6.0 release, could someone review?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Wes
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 10:59 PM, Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > It seems that ARROW-1282 is causing some users problems. We have the
> > > option of making a 0.5.1 release, but given how much work has reached
> > > master (or is about to reach master) I would be in favor of
> > > accelerating 0.6.0, cutting a release candidate within the next couple
> > > of days. We could aim for another release within 2-3 weeks after
> > > completing the Plasma IP clearance.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > > On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Uwe L. Korn <uwelk@xhochy.com> wrote:
> > >> Hello,
> > >>
> > >> from my side we're mostly fine for a 0.6.0 release. Currently I'm
> facing
> > >> a problem with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-1302 in
> the
> > >> 0.5.0 OSX wheels. We need to fix this before 0.6.0. Also I would like
> to
> > >> look a bit more into the jemalloc issues that came up with 0.5.0 to
> get
> > >> some of them solved in the next release.
> > >>
> > >> Uwe
> > >>
> > >> On Mon, Jul 31, 2017, at 04:55 PM, Wes McKinney wrote:
> > >>> hi all,
> > >>>
> > >>> We're already 40 patches into the next Arrow version. I just created
> > >>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-1297 as a tracking issue
> > >>> so that any blocking issues can be tracked as we push forward to
> 0.6.0
> > >>>
> > >>> You can track the status of the release here (accessible from the
> > >>> "Projects" tab --> Releases in JIRA):
> > >>>
> > >>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ARROW/versions/12341088
> > >>>
> > >>> We don't have any more data types slated for integration testing for
> > >>> this release, but it might be nice to try to finish one or more of
> > >>> them in the next week or two:
> > >>>
> > >>> - Fixed size binary
> > >>> - Fixed size lists
> > >>> - Decimal
> > >>> - Union
> > >>>
> > >>> As far as timeline for 0.6.0, I would like to push for an RC the week
> > >>> of 8/14 at latest (assuming we are ready to ship the Plasma C++
> code),
> > >>> reducing scope if needed. Any contributions of code, documentation,
> or
> > >>> JIRA prioritization would be much appreciated.
> > >>>
> > >>> Thanks,
> > >>> Wes
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message