arrow-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Arrow 0.6.0 release planning and timeline
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2017 14:38:03 GMT
hi all,

It looks like we should be able to close out 0.6.0 issues today and
cut a release candidate tomorrow if there are no objections. Please
take a moment to complete any code reviews for patches that should go
in. We have a number of Java library dependency upgrades pending, do
these need to go in?

https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/929
https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/873

There is another Java patch that needs to be merged if someone could review:

https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/898

There are a handful of C++ or Python patches pending, and I'll be
opening a few more PRs today; any code reviews would be appreciated.

Thanks
Wes

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Siddharth Teotia <siddharth@dremio.com> wrote:
> Reviewed https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/915 for ARROW-1296
>
>
> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Siddharth Teotia <siddharth@dremio.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I will review it by EOD.
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Li Jin <ice.xelloss@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On the Java side I have https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-1296,
>>> which is small bug fix.
>>>
>>> If someone help review it would be great. Else if it doesn't get reviewed
>>> by 0.6 rc cut, we can take it off 0.6 release.
>>>
>>> Li
>>>
>>> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> > hi all,
>>> >
>>> > If there are no problems with the Plasma IP Clearance, I would like to
>>> > cut a release candidate for 0.6.0 at the beginning of next week. There
>>> > are a handful of issues pending on the Java and C++ side that I'll be
>>> > working to complete over the next several days. Please keep an eye on
>>> > the release page on JIRA:
>>> >
>>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ARROW/versions/12341088
>>> >
>>> > There are a number of outstanding Java patches; if you would like to
>>> > include any of these in the 0.6.0 release, could someone review?
>>> >
>>> > Thanks,
>>> > Wes
>>> >
>>> > On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 10:59 PM, Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>> > > It seems that ARROW-1282 is causing some users problems. We have the
>>> > > option of making a 0.5.1 release, but given how much work has reached
>>> > > master (or is about to reach master) I would be in favor of
>>> > > accelerating 0.6.0, cutting a release candidate within the next couple
>>> > > of days. We could aim for another release within 2-3 weeks after
>>> > > completing the Plasma IP clearance.
>>> > >
>>> > > Thoughts?
>>> > >
>>> > > On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Uwe L. Korn <uwelk@xhochy.com>
wrote:
>>> > >> Hello,
>>> > >>
>>> > >> from my side we're mostly fine for a 0.6.0 release. Currently I'm
>>> facing
>>> > >> a problem with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-1302
in
>>> the
>>> > >> 0.5.0 OSX wheels. We need to fix this before 0.6.0. Also I would
>>> like to
>>> > >> look a bit more into the jemalloc issues that came up with 0.5.0
to
>>> get
>>> > >> some of them solved in the next release.
>>> > >>
>>> > >> Uwe
>>> > >>
>>> > >> On Mon, Jul 31, 2017, at 04:55 PM, Wes McKinney wrote:
>>> > >>> hi all,
>>> > >>>
>>> > >>> We're already 40 patches into the next Arrow version. I just
created
>>> > >>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-1297 as a tracking
>>> issue
>>> > >>> so that any blocking issues can be tracked as we push forward
to
>>> 0.6.0
>>> > >>>
>>> > >>> You can track the status of the release here (accessible from
the
>>> > >>> "Projects" tab --> Releases in JIRA):
>>> > >>>
>>> > >>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ARROW/versions/12341088
>>> > >>>
>>> > >>> We don't have any more data types slated for integration testing
for
>>> > >>> this release, but it might be nice to try to finish one or
more of
>>> > >>> them in the next week or two:
>>> > >>>
>>> > >>> - Fixed size binary
>>> > >>> - Fixed size lists
>>> > >>> - Decimal
>>> > >>> - Union
>>> > >>>
>>> > >>> As far as timeline for 0.6.0, I would like to push for an RC
the
>>> week
>>> > >>> of 8/14 at latest (assuming we are ready to ship the Plasma
C++
>>> code),
>>> > >>> reducing scope if needed. Any contributions of code, documentation,
>>> or
>>> > >>> JIRA prioritization would be much appreciated.
>>> > >>>
>>> > >>> Thanks,
>>> > >>> Wes
>>> >
>>>
>>
>>

Mime
View raw message