arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Clark Fitzgerald <clarkfi...@gmail.com>
Subject R arrow first steps
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2017 23:40:43 GMT
I've got at least a "hello world" for R / Arrow bindings in progress.
https://github.com/clarkfitzg/Rarrow

Over the next couple weeks I plan to spend some time looking at the Arrow
C++ and Python sources and write a few bindings by hand, then think about
how to automatically generate bindings from the C++. Several approaches are
possible, Rffi / rdyncall, Rcpp modules, or RCodegen / RCIndex leveraging
Clang. Not sure which, if any, will work.

I'm a beginner in C++. It would be very helpful if someone was available to
answer questions on the C++ Arrow codebase, since I'd rather not email the
whole dev list for this.

Thanks,
Clark