arrow-dev mailing list archives

From "Katelman, Michael" <Michael.Katel...@CubistSystematic.com>
Subject parquet::SetArrayBit
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:54:25 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for posting this here and not in Jira (factors outside my control necessitate me posting
here). Maybe my interpretation of the semantics of parquet::SetArrayBit is off, but I was
surprised to find SetArrayBit(bits, i, false) does not clear bit i. I just wanted to mention
it in case that wasn't the behavior that was intended and is a bug.

from bit-util.h
  static inline void SetArrayBit(uint8_t* bits, int i, bool is_set) {
    bits[i / 8] |= (1 << (i % 8)) * is_set;
  }

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential
or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or its attachments is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.