arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Moving Arrow to gitbox.apache.org?
Date Sat, 20 May 2017 13:52:24 GMT
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Jacques Nadeau <jacques@apache.org> wrote:

> My main question would be: can we disable merges in the ui and only
> constraint to rebase/fast-forward merges? I've found on other GitHub
> projects that the default behavior of merge makes an unintelligible
> history.

Once the repository is created, we should be able to set it as:

https://help.github.com/articles/configuring-pull-request-merges/

I'm guessing that we would want it to be "Allow Rebase Merging" only?  That
seems reasonable to me.

This *might* have to be configured by Infra if we're not given the
Owner/Maintainer privileges.  From what I can tell, I don't believe that
regular Contributors (who can push changes) can modify this setting
themselves.  (The infra team just confirmed that they can alter that value.)

Cheers.  -- justin