arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dist access for release
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2017 02:10:41 GMT
No. My understanding is that only PMC members are authorized by ASF to make a release. Committers
can be release managers.

"All release artifacts within the directory MUST be signed by a committer, preferably a PMC
member.” [1]

"If the Release Manager is not a member of the PMC, they will need to ask a PMC member to
do the actual release publication.” [2]

Julian

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-distribution

[2] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#upload-ci