arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting started on board report... input?
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 18:16:39 GMT
The integration test success is the biggest news. We should definitely
try to release 0.2 as soon as possible.

Other features

- Significantly improved performance in Python pandas interoperability
- Refactored parquet-cpp to depend on Arrow C++ memory management
(buffers) and IO components

I wrote 3 blog posts recently that include some words about Arrow

http://wesmckinney.com/blog/outlook-for-2017/
http://wesmckinney.com/blog/high-perf-arrow-to-pandas/
http://wesmckinney.com/blog/python-hdfs-interfaces/

I talked some about Arrow in my recent talk:
http://www.slideshare.net/wesm/python-data-wrangling-preparing-for-the-future.

Thanks
Wes