arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation hosting
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2016 22:16:14 GMT
At Calcite we have a simple approach that Arrow could mimic. We keep our documentation under
the source tree in .md (GitHub markdown) format and we use Jekyll to generate into the svn
repo that backs the Apache web site. Due to the markdown format it’s easy for committers
and non-committers to write documentation, they can test using a local Jekyll instance, non-committers
can submit a pull request, and it’s not much effort for a committer to re-generate and commit
the web site.

You can also easily generate javadoc etc. into the same svn tree.

Instructions here: https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/master/site/README.md <https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/master/site/README.md>

Julian