arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weld
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2016 20:53:40 GMT
I've always contended that building a sort of "runtime" for in-memory
column expressions was a natural next step after hardening Arrow as a
data structure and memory exchange mechanism. I'm hopeful that we'll
see some cross-pollination between projects like Weld and Arrow to
produce open source solutions that help drive more collaboration and
consolidation around shared low-level needs for building analytical
systems. We still have significant work to do to solidify Arrow as a
standard -- anyone all reading can do to help work against
fragmentation in data structures / memory representations would be
very much appreciated!

- Wes