arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pyarrow getting import error for libarrow.so
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 20:09:03 GMT
libarrow.so needs to be in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH while you are developing, i.e.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ARROW_HOME/lib

Might be a good idea to add this to the README

We used to have SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH TRUE), but this
hard-codes the location of the linked library in the pyarrow shared
libraries' rpaths. By leaving it to LD_LIBRARY_PATH you can easily
switch between debug and release builds of libarrow, for example.

- Wes