arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is CPP version of Arrow having all modules/functionality as Java version ?
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 18:07:21 GMT
hi Sanjay,

Since the C++ codebase is much newer than the Java one, it is missing
some features and also implements some features that are not
necessarily found in the Java codebase.

Our initial goal is functional completeness of the data structure
specification (immutable array containers, builder classes,
reference-counted buffers and memory management) and memory sharing /
IPC / RPC (this requires a canonical metadata specification). This
functional completeness will need to be validated with integration
tests in which data constructed in Java is sent to a C++ process and
pulled back, and vice versa.

Can you let me know which specific operations you are referring to?
Would be great to create some JIRAs enumerating the missing
functionality.

Thanks
Wes