arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Core dump while building with CPP
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 20:07:11 GMT
See from flatbuffers.h

// The wire format uses a little endian encoding (since that's efficient for
// the common platforms).
#if !defined(FLATBUFFERS_LITTLEENDIAN)
  #if defined(__GNUC__) || defined(__clang__)
    #ifdef __BIG_ENDIAN__
      #define FLATBUFFERS_LITTLEENDIAN 0
    #else
      #define FLATBUFFERS_LITTLEENDIAN 1
    #endif // __BIG_ENDIAN__
  #elif defined(_MSC_VER)
    #if defined(_M_PPC)
      #define FLATBUFFERS_LITTLEENDIAN 0
    #else
      #define FLATBUFFERS_LITTLEENDIAN 1
    #endif
  #else
    #error Unable to determine endianness, define FLATBUFFERS_LITTLEENDIAN.
  #endif
#endif // !defined(FLATBUFFERS_LITTLEENDIAN)

I believe you may want to add -DFLATBUFFERS_LITTLEENDIAN=0 to
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS (you can do this on the command line).

Since not many of us have access to big endian hardware, it would be
helpful of you could submit a patch indicating what you had to do to
get things working on your platform.

Thanks

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 12:57 PM, Sanjay Rao <getsanjayrao@live.com> wrote:

> cmake -DARROW_BUILD_BENCHMARKS=ON .....make[  0%] Running flatc compiler on /u01/hadoop/src/arrow/arrow/cpp/../format/Message.fbsAssertion
failed: *reinterpret_cast<char *>(&endiantest) == FLATBUFFERS_LITTLEENDIAN, file
/u01/hadoop/src/arrow/arrow/cpp/thirdparty/flatbuffers-1.3.0/include/flatbuffers/flatbuffers.h,
line 128, function EndianCheck*** Signal 6 - core dumped