arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is LittleEndian system mandatory for using Apache Arrow ?
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 17:32:40 GMT
I replied on the other thread (missed this one).

I believe that since the C++ codebase uses native endianness, we would
need to add byte-swapping logic in the IPC code path to support big
endian systems.

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 9:31 AM, Sanjay Rao <getsanjayrao@live.com> wrote:
> Hi Micah,
> Thanks, I am trying to write Java examples with Java libraries of Apache Arrow on Big
Endian system, I already got JARs built, this is part of a research I am doing.
> I ran "mvn test" on Big Endian system and it failed in TestEndianess, kindly let me know
if at least Java version of Apache Arrow will run on Big Endian system.