arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Pei Sun <p...@alluxio.com>
Subject Questions about Arrow
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 17:02:31 GMT
Dear Arrow developers,
    This is Pei from Alluxio Inc. I am interested in knowing more about
Arrow. I have several questions:
1. If I want to try it out, is there an instruction?
2. How is the columnar format achieved in Arrow? After reading this format
<https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/format/Layout.md>, my feeling
is that it is achieved by the way you represent struct in memory. The
format is a little hard to follow. It will be helpful if you can answer
this question before I read it again and again :)

Thanks a lot! Look forward to trying out  this interesting project.

--
Pei Sun