arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Micah Kornfield <emkornfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Contribution etiquette?
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 21:26:29 GMT
Hi Arrow-dev,
What is the preferred workflow for contributing to the project?

Based on my experience setting up the project on a fresh vangrant image I
made some small tweaks to the shell scripts to better inform developers of
problems in there environment setup (
https://github.com/emkornfield/arrow/commit/252afcc86e7e87341dc6f9663eacc5bb3bb2da30
I believe this might conflict with an open pull request to get the dev
environment working on zsh).  I don't know if this is useful but if it is,
do I ask that a JIRA be opened and then submit a pull request?  Or just
submit a pull request directly?

Also, how are unassigned open JIRAs being coordinated?  I was thinking I
could knock of a few of the other third-party cpp build related items.  But
I am also interested in tackling some of the direct development ones, once
I get more up to speed on the code base.

Thanks,
Micah