arrow-dev mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Understanding "shared" memory implications
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 22:03:25 GMT
On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Jacques Nadeau <jacques@apache.org> wrote:

> For Arrow, let's make sure that we do our best to accomplish both (1) and
> (2). They seem like entirely compatible goals.

For my part on the C++ side, I plan to proceed with a hub-and-spoke
model. A minimal small core library with "leaf" shared libraries (for
example: Parquet read/write adapter) that you can opt-in to building.
This will add some extra linker configuration complexity for
downstream users but to the benefit of a less monolithic library stack
(which I don't think anyone wants).