aries-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Best way to migrate EJB Session Stateful to an OSGi bundle
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 03:17:12 GMT
One possibility is to use geronimo 3.  It's by no means done or completely stable but except
for web services most javaee 6 stuff is supported.  When you deploy a ee 6 artifact such as
an ear it is transformed into an osgi bundle.

How fine grained are the bundles you want to end up with?  Do you have ideas about how you
want the ejbs to be accessed such as through javaee jndi or as osgi services?

thanks
david jencks

On Dec 16, 2010, at 5:24 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm migrating a JEE application suite (using EJB Entity, Session, MDB, JSP, Servlet,
etc) to OSGi running on Apache Karaf/Apache Aries/Apache ServiceMix.

> Currently, I have the following architecture
>
> WebContainer
>   JSP Views -> Servlet Controller
> The controller makes a JNDI EJB lookup and RMI-IIOP call to
> EJB Container
>   Facade EJB Session Stateful -> EJB Entities (CMP/BMP)
>
> The Facade is a EJB Session Stateful which is responsible to start the transaction (Required
or RequiresNew) and store some informations.

> In the HTTP session, I only store navigation informations, whereas in the Facade EJB,
I store some business information (such as the user connected, etc).