aries-user mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file: java.naming.factory.initial
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:42:24 GMT
There was a conflict with another ServiceMix bundle providing too jndi
context. I have remove it and restart my project. Everything works fine.

This is easier to configure compare to Spring + Hibernate stuffs on
OSGI. I will produce a tutorial with camel + aries + jpa + transaction +
wicket about that and show How Aries JPA/Transaction simplifies our
lives on OSGI platform.

Question : In all the examples (Blog, AriesTrader), the transaction is
defined in the DAO layer (= layer containing the entityManager). Could
it be possible that I define the tx within the Service layer (in charge
to call the DAO) ?

Regards,

Charles

On 16/11/10 10:26, Alasdair Nottingham wrote:
> That is very odd. Something has not worked because the stack trace shows the InitialContextFactoryBuilder
has not been registered.

> Could there be a timing issue? Perhaps the jndi bundle starts after your test. Certainly
the jndi bundle has the highest id.

> Alasdair Nottingham
>
> On 16 Nov 2010, at 09:11, Charles Moulliard<cmoulliard@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Yes. The Aries JNDI bundle is started
>>
>> [ 178] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   60] Apache Aries JNDI Bundle (0.2.0.incubating)
>>

>> On 16/11/10 09:52, Alasdair Nottingham wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Have you deployed and started the jndi bundle?
>>>
>>> Alasdair

deploy on Fuse ESB (=Apache ServiceMix 4). The project includes a DAO layer (=JPA), Service
layer, Camel route (where a bean calls my service layer).

could not be used.
name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource
file:  java.naming.factory.initial

Bundle (0.2.0.incubating)
Manager (0.2.0.incubating)
blueprint integration for Aries blueprint (0.2.0.incubating)
Blueprint (0.2.0.incubating)
Managed Contexts (0.2.0.incubating)

JPA :: Aries (1.0.0.SNAPSHOT)
Bundle :: Aries (1.0.0.SNAPSHOT)