aries-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <timothyjw...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: AW: OSGi JPA and JDBC Services
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:57:27 GMT

You're absolutely right, that was supposed to say 'true' not 'false' - whoops!

Tim

> From: Harald.Wellmann@multi-m.de
> To: aries-user@incubator.apache.org
> Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 16:53:49 +0200
> Subject: AW: OSGi JPA and JDBC Services
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> 1. I do enhance my classes at build time.
> 2: I do not list all classes in the persistence.xml.
>
> So I believe you're meaning to say that true would avoid my problem because OpenJPA would
not need to scan from the persistence unit root. That makes sense - I'll give it a try...

> Best regards,
> Harald

JPA container as load-time weaving cannot be supported in a generic OSGi framework (although
some runtimes extend the Aries code to provide this, e.g. Geronimo and WebSphere).

> 2. Are you listing all of your entity classes in the persistence unit definition and
setting false? In unmanaged JPA you are supposed to do this (though many providers support
scanning in unmanaged environments). In OSGi scanning doesn't work the same way, and is, once
again, not supported in the Aries JPA container (though it is provided in WebSphere).

> Both of these limitations will (hopefully) be lifted in the future, but they will need
to rely on features proposed for version 4.3 of OSGi, and so there's not a lot we can do about
them at the moment.