aries-user mailing list archives

From Alasdair Nottingham <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: OSGi JPA and JDBC Services
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:31:31 GMT
Hmm, it sounds like we need to do something about that, we definitely aren't creating an application
server here.

Alasdair Nottingham

On 17 Sep 2010, at 11:32, Harald Wellmann <Harald.Wellmann@multi-m.de> wrote:

> I agree.
>
> I would suggest to reorganize the Aries web site a bit, to document each of the JNDI,
JPA and JDBC services and to make clear(er) that you can use them without Blueprint or an
Aries container.

> My first impression after landing on the site was "oh no, yet another non-standard application
server". I know better after today's discussion, which was very helpful, but imagine how many
visitors may be scared off right away without bothering to ask on the mailing list...