aries-user mailing list archives

From Valentin Mahrwald <vmahrw...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Does Aries Blueprint require cglib or asm?
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:55:41 GMT
Hi Bengt,

Blueprint does not require asm or cglib for standard functionality. But some of the extra
stuff in particular interceptors need the ability to proxy classes rather than interfaces.
In such a case either asm or cglib is required. Also, I believe if you want to export classes
rather than interfaces to the service registry.

The versions we use (in the itests) are either (from blueprint/pom.xml):

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.servicemix.bundles</groupId>
    <artifactId>org.apache.servicemix.bundles.cglib</artifactId>
    <version>2.1_3_4</version>
</dependency>

or

<dependency>
    <groupId>asm</groupId>
    <artifactId>asm-all</artifactId>
    <version>3.2</version>
</dependency>

I imagine you need interceptors for declarative blueprint transactions, correct?

Regards,

Valentin

On 14 Sep 2010, at 13:20, Bengt Rodehav wrote:

> When trying to use Aries blueprint (and jpa) from within Pax Exam I get the following
error message:

> [RMI TCP Connection(1)-192.168.0.3] ERROR org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.ServiceRecipe
- Error retrieving service from ServiceRecipe[name='.component-2']org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.ComponentDefinitionException:
Interceptors have been configured but neither asm nor cglib are available