aries-user mailing list archives

From Bartosz Kowalewski <kowalewski.bart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generation of config.ini
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:49:43 GMT
Hi,

Using packaging 'pom' for assemblies is a standard practice. There's
no artifact that the assembly project produces and that would need to
be uploaded to the Maven repo. Only pom file is copied there. The
packaging should be left as it is.
The problem is caused by the Maven Eclipse plugin. Some time ago I saw
a bug report at Codehaus Jira that addresses this issue. It's really
old, but it hasn't been resolved yet. In short, Maven Eclipse plugin
always ignores projects with packaging 'pom' while it could generate
simple Eclipse projects (without any natures) at least for pom
projects that do not contain any subprojects (modules). Assembly
projects used in Aries samples fall into this category.

The workaround described by Zoe is probably the simplest one possible.

Best regards,
  Bartek