aries-user mailing list archives

From zoe slattery <zoe.slatt...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Generation of config.ini
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:30:45 GMT
Hi Alexandros

I stepped through this, with the following results.

You are right the the .project and other files do not get generated by
running mvn eclipse:eclipse in the helloworld-assembly

I ran mvn eclipse:eclipse on the helloworld project and then imported
the helloworld project (and its sub-projects) into eclipse. Although the
.project/settings/classpath files do not exist in the
helloworld-assembly project, it does appear on the list of projects that
I can import into Eclipse.

After I have imported the project into Eclipse, the
.project/classpath/settings files have been created

Zoe

> Zoe, can you please have a look at your:
>
>     samples\blueprint\helloworld\helloworld-assembly\pom.xml
>
> and verify that it is set to "pom" packaging? (i.e. you use
> <packaging>pom</packaging>)?
>
> That's what I got from my trunk checkout. I just noticed the following
> line when I run "mvn eclipse:eclipse" (near the end):

> [INFO] Not running eclipse plugin goal for pom project
>
> It seemed to indicate the eclipse plugin casually ignores "pom"
> packaging artifacts. So I changed that to
>
> <packaging>bundle</packaging>
>
> And indeed the .project / .classpath files were created!
>
> On 10/8/2010 11:19, zoe slattery wrote:
>> Hi Alexandros
>>
>> Thank you so much for picking up on these! I've fixed two the two
>> documentation issues (2) and (3), the fixes should appear on the web
>> in a couple of hours.  I'm struggling with (1), mainly because it
>> does work for me :-/ So, after I have run mvn eclipse:eclipse I get
>> this:
>>
>> helloworld-assembly zoe$ ls -a
>> .        .classpath    .settings    pom.xml        target
>> ..        .project    .svn        src
>>
>> We are clearly on different platforms (I'm running on a Mac), my
>> maven version information is:
>>
>> Apache Maven 2.2.1 (r801777; 2009-08-06 20:16:01+0100)
>> Java version: 1.6.0_20
>> Java home:
>> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home
>> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: MacRoman
>> OS name: "mac os x" version: "10.6.4" arch: "x86_64" Family: "mac"
>>

>> But I can't see why either of these things would necessarily cause
>> the difference.....
>>
>> Zoe
>>

>>> Since I've been reading through the tutorial at
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/aries/blueprinthelloworldtutorial.html,
>>> a couple more things are worthy of mentioning:
>>>
>>> 1) When I imported the projects into my Eclipse, the
>>> "org.apache.aries.samples.helloworld.blueprint.assembly" was not
>>> imported (this is probably the reason I couldn't find where the
>>> config.ini was coming from :-). I checked the my "mvn
>>> eclipse:eclipse" log and it comes back with:

>>> [INFO]
>>>
>>> [INFO] Building Apache Aries Blueprint HelloWorld Assembly
>>> [INFO]    task-segment: [eclipse:eclipse]
>>> [INFO]
>>>
>>> [INFO] Preparing eclipse:eclipse
>>> [INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: default}]
>>> [INFO] [antrun:run {execution: create-prop}]
>>> [INFO] Executing tasks
>>>      [echo] Maven version: 0.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT
>>>      [echo] OSGi version: 0.2.0.incubating-SNAPSHOT
>>> [INFO] Executed tasks
>>> [INFO] [properties:read-project-properties {execution: default}]
>>> [INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}]
>>> [INFO] [resources:resources {execution: filter}]
>>> [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
>>> [INFO] Copying 0 resource
>>> [INFO] Copying 1 resource
>>> [INFO] Copying 4 resources
>>> [INFO] [eclipse:eclipse {execution: default-cli}]
>>> [INFO] Not running eclipse plugin goal for pom project
>>> [INFO] Using Eclipse Workspace: C:\Users\karypid\projects\aries_ws
>>> [INFO] no substring wtp server match.
>>> [INFO] Using as WTP server : SpringSource Cloud Foundry (Runtime) v1.0
>>> [INFO] Adding default classpath container:
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/J2SE-1.5

>>> However, no ".project" file is created:

>>>  Directory of
>>> C:\Users\karypid\projects\aries\trunk\samples\blueprint\helloworld\helloworld-assembly

>>> 09/08/2010  20:19 <DIR>          .
>>> 09/08/2010  20:19 <DIR>          ..
>>> 09/08/2010  18:08             5.531 pom.xml
>>> 09/08/2010  18:08 <DIR>          src