aries-user mailing list archives

From Lin Sun <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add custom lifecycle management
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 16:39:09 GMT
Hi

Aries already has this bean Interceptor concept that allows you to
specify precall before the method is invoked and specify postCall
after the method is invoked, see the Interceptor interface.

Aries also has an example in transaction-blueprint project where it
specifies a custom name space for transaction blueprint and allow
users to intercept attribute with certain transaction attribute on
bean method invocations.

for example -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<blueprint xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0"
    xmlns:tx="http://aries.apache.org/xmlns/transactions/v1.0.0">
     <bean id="TestBeanImpl" class="org.apache.aries.simple.TestBeanImpl">
        <tx:transaction method="insertRow" value="required"/>
     </bean>

</blueprint>

basically asks the blueprint container to manage required transaction
attribute/strategy on insertRow method invocation.

Is this similar as what you want to do, except you want to do it with logging?

HTH

Lin