aries-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Removal of DiscoveryPlugin in Aries RSA zookeeper discovery
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 10:38:04 GMT
+1 for removing it. I disagreed with it as a solution in the first place - it is up to the
Topology Manager and RemoteServiceAdmin to generate an EndpointDescription. Once it has been
generated it should not be “fiddled with” by the discovery layer as this could break a
lot of things!

On 7 Feb 2018, at 10:08, Christian Schneider <<>>

I am currently preparing Aries RSA for the OSGi R7 tck tests.

During this work I am also looking into cleaning up old stuff.
I found that the DiscoveryPlugin facility in the zookeeper discovery does not seem to work
at all.
The properties are changed but never used in writing the endpoint to zookeeper.
So as this was not found until now I doubt anyone is using the DiscoveryPlugin services.

I would like to take the opportunity to remove this extensibility point.

Please speak up if you need or use this.

Christian Schneider<>

Computer Scientist<>