aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject [Proposal] Use release per subproject for blueprint
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 11:34:00 GMT
Currently the blueprint bundles are released individually. I think this
creates a lot of overhead as there are quite many bundles and for each
release you have to manually update the dependencies in several places.
I am also sure that we quite regularly forgot to update dependencies.
For example the blueprint-repository project was not updated for any
recent releases.

So I propose we change the blueprint subproject to always release all
bundles and keep the bundle versions aligned. We should still be able to
make the project very stable by using package versions for the APIs.

A side effect would be that we could have blueprint karaf features and
an OBR repository for other non karaf deployments in the aries blueprint
code and the maintenance would be quite low.

So what do you think?

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect

View raw message