aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: [Proxy] Some changes for next release
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 09:17:10 GMT
On 10.01.2017 13:56, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>> - We currently create a separate bundle combining API, Impl and aries
>> util. I propose to embed the API in the impl bundle by default and not
>> create a separate combined bundle.
>> Users of the proxy will always depend on the API in their build. As the
>> impl bundle is probably not using in user maven dependencies it should not
>> cause any trouble to embed the api there
> It seems there's already such a bundle, called proxy-bundle, so maybe we
> can avoid any disturbance and just release this bundle instead ?

What I try to do is make the build simpler and have less moving parts.
So my plan is to change the impl module to the maven ids of the bundle
module and embed the api.

So for users of the combined bundle nothing will change. Other users
have to change from the separate api, impl bundles to the combined bundle.
So the change for users is zero or small while our build will be
considerably simpler. For example we currently test both the combined
bundle as well as the separate bundles.
After the change we can remove quite a few then redundant tests.