aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: [jax-rs-whiteboard] First review
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2016 09:36:00 GMT
I analyzed the Design of jax-rs whiteboard and how the trackers are
interrelated. This is what I came up with:
Do you think this is correct? Would be happy about any hints or ideas
how to improve this doc. I will also try to mive this to an apache
system so we can all work on it.

One other finding:

I am not sure if the Bus handling is correct. ServicesRegistrator
creates a Bus and a Servlet and publishes them as services.
BusServiceTrackerCustomizer then picks up all Bus services and registers
several trackers for each. I think this can be problematic if other
bundles using CXF also publish Bus services.

What is the purpose of tracking the Bus as a service? I wonder if it
would also work to just use the one Bus we create without the
indirection of a tracker.

On 29.11.2016 12:05, Christian Schneider wrote:
> I took some time to look into the jax-rs whiteboard code and noted
> some findings below.
> Formatting:
>   * The code is formatted with tabs. I propose to use spaces like in
>     the other aries modules
>   * In some java files there is a empty line between each line of
>     code. I think empty lines should only be used for bigger blocks.
>   * Some attribute defs are in the end of the class code. Will move
>     them to the top
>   * The line wrapping for parameters is different from the default.
>     Generally I like the wrapping this way but the formatter is not
>     configured for it so an autoformat would destroy this.
>     So I propose to rather use the default formatting we have.
> I just checked the aries coding conventions. Seems we have the rule of
> 4 Spaces instead of Tabs but not further rules. I think most of the
> code uses the eclipse defaults but we might want to provide a
> formatter to make it easier. Any opinions here?
> Other:
>   * The poms did not have the apache header. I already added it
>   * The classes all have the author tag of Carlos. I propose we remove
>     these as the author of each line is visible from git anyway and
>     the author tag can be misleading if other people also edit the code
>   * I get an error in each pom in eclipse at Manifest.write. Not sure
>     what causes this but we should try to fix that
>   * There is a project for log4j-configuration. I propose we use pax
>     logging or logback instead of a fragment
> Besides these there also might be some issues with concurrency. I will
> look into these in more detail.
> Christian
> --
> Christian Schneider