aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: Aries Transaction Control 0.0.2
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2016 14:52:15 GMT
I think the most important part is to document the location of the repo
along with the module:
 From there it is easy to find the apache repo and the github mirror.

You are right that there is unfortunately no way to mark repos as
belonging to aries but I think prepending the name with aries already
help a bit.

Actually I don't think the separate repos are a big problem for users or
developers who want to help out.
As long as we document well how to participate it might even be easier
for new devs as each repo is small and cohesive.
You check it out, do mvn clean install at the top and are done.

Of course it is difficult for current Aries committers and PMCs to keep
an overview over all changes but that was always difficult in Aries.
Aries is a collection of quite diverse projects.

On 14.10.2016 16:29, Timothy Ward wrote:
> I would love to start using Git, but I agree with David that it’s important not to
lose the link with Aries, transaction control could easily get lost without it. In some ways
the Aries RSA code already suffers from this - you can’t easily find the code from the Aries
website or see it the documentation on the website.
>> On 14 Oct 2016, at 14:58, David Bosschaert <> wrote:
>> On the individual git repos...
>> I realize that this has been discussed for quite a while, but what I find
>> missing with that approach is an overview of the Aries projects.
>> All of the git repos are part of a single 'Apache' group and at least I
>> don't know of a way to find all the git repos that belong to Aries.
>> In github they use organisations to provide such groupings, but since ours
>> all show up under 'Apache' this doesn't help here.
>> With SVN you at least get all the Aries-related projects in one folder,
>> well at least you used to before the separate git repos appeared. Is there
>> any way to get such a view back with the git approach?
>> Cheers,
>> David
>> On 14 October 2016 at 15:13, Christian Schneider <>
>> wrote:
>>> Sounds good to me.
>>> What do you think about also moving tx control into its own git repo?
>>> Christian
>>> --
>>> Christian Schneider
>>> Open Source Architect