aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: [blueprint-maven-plugin] Ideas for config handling
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2016 09:01:02 GMT
If you can share the config between components by using it in different
places then it can indeed work in the same way with blueprint.
I always though the idea in DS would be to only inject the config at one
place. (Lots to learn still :-)

On 12.10.2016 09:29, David Jencks wrote:
> I’m afraid I don’t understand what the problems you see are, perhaps because I use
blueprint so infrequently.  Could you provide little code snippets to illustrate?
> Recall that in the DS approach many components in the same bundle can use the same pid,
and that a config annotation used by a DS component doesn’t have to use all of the expected
configuration properties. Whatever information happens to be in the configuration is stuffed
into the annotation however it will fit.  So each component can have an annotation with only
the properties it actually is interested in.
> thanks
> david jencks

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect