aries-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <>
Subject [VOTE] Aries Transaction Control 0.0.1 (first release)
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 11:20:12 GMT
Hi all,

As I’m sure you’ve seen from list traffic over the last few months I’ve been working
on an implementation of OSGi RFC 221 in Aries. The project provides implementations of both
local and XA transactions, as well as resource providers for JDBC and JPA. The latter resource
provider makes use of the Aries JPA container 2.4.0 release.

There has been quite a bit of user interest in the project, and there is even an OSGi enRoute
example being developed using Aries Transaction Control. Because of this It feels to be the
right time for a 0.0.1 release. This will let people kick the tyres a little harder, and hopefully
provide a good point for collecting further user feedback.

Obviously the OSGi API being implemented by these components is not final. To ensure that
this doesn’t case a problem I have done two things. Firstly, the projects are being released
at a 0.0.x version, secondly, the OSGi API packages are being exported with a mandatory attribute
of api.status=aries.prerelease. This forces users to opt-in to using the API. Obviously the
attribute will be removed once the OSGi API is finalised.

I’ve staged a repository at

The main source release is available at

Please review the artifacts and vote:

 [ ] +1 Release the above artifacts