aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject [Discuss] New leaner parent pom?
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 09:02:49 GMT
I think it is pretty hard to work with the current Aries parent pom.

My main issue with it is the very special definitions for the
maven-bundle-plugin. It is difficult to set up a project and it is very
easy to
end up with a broken Manifest.

So for aries-rsa I created a new parent pom and just took the necessary
minimum from the aries parent.

Especially for the maven-bundle-plugin I used the approach to leave the
parent at defaults. I also used the include to be able to extract the
bundle config in a separate bnd file.
This resulted in very small poms as well as bnd.bnd files in the
individual projects.

So I would like to discuss to create a new parent pom for aries (like
3.0.0-SNAPSHOT). The main thing would be to use similar
maven-bundle-plugin settings like above but we could also revisit the other
plugins to see if we can make them simpler.

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect

View raw message