aries-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Chronicle Queue transport for Aries rsa (licensing)
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 14:15:44 GMT
Hi Christian,

Chronicle is really interesting. Maybe I would put the RSA Chronicle
part on github (your repo) for now, waiting the "complete" Apache
license switch.

Else as they use dual license, it may not be obvious for "vendor" if
they can use Aries RSA + Chronicle, or not.

My $0.01

> I just did a POC Aries rsa transport using Chronicle Queue. It is indeed
> very fast. I get about 500 000 msg/s for one way calls.
> So from a performance perspective I think it would be very interesting
> to have this as a transport.
> I am not sure if their licensing works for us though. They have switched
> to lgpl mid last year.
> The good news is that I was able to get Peter Lawrey to add a special
> licensing for open source projects like Aries.
> See:
> and:
> So we are allowed to use the software under the apache license. Is that
> good enough for us to include Chronicle queues into Aries rsa?
> Christian

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Talend -

View raw message