aries-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Grzybek <>
Subject Re: any special considerations for attaching debugger when running aries proxy-itests?
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 21:24:08 GMT

It's a PAX-Exam test, so you have 3rd JVM started (mvn → surefire →
pax-exam remote runner).

Grzegorz Grzybek

> I'm trying to run proxy-itest and attach the eclipse debugger. I launch from the command
>  mvn -Dmaven.surefire.debug -Dtest=org.apache.aries.proxy.itests.BasicProxyBundlesTest
> and as expected the command line execution halts with a message:
>    Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 5005
> when I attach the debugger, execution continues and blows through my breakpoints, completing.
I tried doing a "mvn clean install" on the whole project, putting multiple breakpoints in
the test and implementation code, and even adding a "Throwable: caught and uncaught" breakpoint,
 but they're all ignored.
> I can debug subsystem itests in this same build using this same technique. Is there something
else I need to do to get this to work for proxy-itest?
> Thanks
> --
> Samuel Bratton

View raw message