aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: latest release process
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:02:00 GMT
I think the only subproject that is completely switched is jpa.

See here for the current structure.

If we now switch other modules too then it makes sense to discuss and
decide a common structure.

In JPA I decided to not use the Aries parent and instead just take the
important settings from it. The main reason is that I wanted to
avoid the default settings for the maven bundle plugin. They caused a
lot of trouble for me and I found that using the defaults of maven
bundle plugin works
a lot better.  So deciding about these defaults would also be a good
idea. I guess the old defaults were defined when bnd did not have such
good defaults.

I also used osgi.bnd files to describe the config of the maven bundle
plugin. This allows to only define the maven bundle plugin once. The
osgi.bnd files are also a lot more concise than the configuration
Elements in the pom. For an example see

Another thing I used there is the maven bundle plugin 3 and its
baselining instead of the Aries version plugin. It works great and I
propose we also switch the other subprojects over time.

On 15.10.2015 16:32, Jeremy Hughes wrote:
> I was wondering if there's page describing this? Which modules are
> using it? Also - I'm interested in the structure of a top-level module
> and submodules when they're under the new release process. Is there a
> naming convention for artifactId of the top level module vs the parent
> vs the 'uber bundle' artifacts?
> Thanks,
> Jeremy

Christian Schneider