aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: October board report
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 12:55:44 GMT
I typically create jira versions for the next release and the following
release of each bundle or subproject.
So people can set fix version to the upcoming release or to the next
release to indicate it will not make it for the upcoming release.

Then before the voting I make sure all issues of the version are
resolved and move issues accordingly.
After the vote I set the version to status released and set the release
date to the date when the vote was closed.

For old jira versions that were not released in jira but the released
artifacts were present I used the date of the artifact in maven central
as release date.

I hope everyone who does releases already has access to the version
management in jira. If not please speak up and I can take care of it.

On 13.10.2015 13:47, John Ross wrote:
> "I did put the JPA and Transaction releases in jira."
> I'm not quite sure what that means. Does it mean there was a ticket
> open that tracked the release? Does it mean you added the release
> version to the system so that it can be referenced by the "Fix
> Version/s" field? Both? Something else?
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 6:24 AM, Christian Schneider
> <> wrote:
>> I did put the JPA and Transaction releases in jira.
>> I did not put the releases on the download server though .. Almost no one
>> will download plain libs there. On the other hand the Apache release policy
>> requires this.
>> Christian
>> On 13.10.2015 13:04, Jeremy Hughes wrote:
>>> True. Probably indicates we're not putting all our releases in jira.
>>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 12:02 David Bosschaert <>
>>> wrote:
>> --
>> Christian Schneider
>> Open Source Architect