aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject [Discuss] Releases of jpa 2.2.0, transaction.blueprint 2.0.0, maven-bundle-plugin 1.2.0
Date Sun, 20 Sep 2015 10:38:14 GMT
I would like to do a release build of the above modules tomorrow.

For the blueprint-maven-plugin I will try to get in one more bug fix.

jpa and blueprint-maven-plugin are only small enhancements and bug fixes.

The most noteable change in jpa is to use a
ComponentDefinitionRegistryProcessor instead of a BeanProcessor. This
allowed to register all service references as
ordinary blueprint service references. So the user bundle now correctly
goes into graceperiod when for example the EntityManagerFactory is
missing. So the use will have a much better feedback what is blocking
the start. Before we were just starting and eventually failing after the
first call.

Transaction.blueprint is a big redesign based on only using the
@Transactional annotations. This allowed the code to be greatly
simplified. The old proprietary annotations as well as the xml
description are not supported anymore. The xml elements are still
allowed though so code produced by the blueprint-maven-plugin does not fail.
The transition for users is to first convert to @Transactional which
works with 1.1.1 as well as 2.0.0 and then upgrade the
transaction.blueprint bundle.
Also note that the @Transactional annotation also works on the class
level which makes the transition quite a lot easier than adding it to
all methods.

Here are the jira versions:

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect