aries-dev mailing list archives

From Joel Richard <>
Subject Why does jmx-core-whiteboard embed jmx-core?
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 10:14:30 GMT

While implementing the patch for ARIES-1365 I run into a problem because jmx-core-whiteboard
embeds jmx-core and uses some classes from there which I didn’t expect to be used outside
of the jmx-core bundle.

To fix this problem, I would have to register a service in the jmx-core-whiteboard bundle
which is already registered in jmx-coreas well. Since we have installed both bundles in our
environment, this feels wrong to me.

Can anybody explain why whiteboard embeds core? Moreover, it would also be interesting to
know why this even happens. I just see with zipinfo that it is the case, but I cannot find
a hint why it happens in the pom.xml.

- Joel

View raw message