aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Aries Testsupport Unit 2.0.0
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 19:12:18 GMT
I think subsystems can be released without a release of testsupport. As
it is still released per bundle we do not release the itests.
If we switch it to a per subproject release at some point then it will
be different.

For jpa and transaction I replaced testsupport completely. Most of its
functionality can be done with either tinybundles or easmock / mockito.
I planned to do the same for subsystems but it is a big chunk of work.

On 13.08.2015 19:52, John W Ross wrote:
> Sorry if this ends up being a duplicate due to the ongoing email issues,
> but all other messages that I sent out since yesterday morning have now
> come through in the right order except this one which was the very first.
> So I'm assuming it got lost.
> I'm considering doing a 2.0.0 release of org.apache.aries.testsupport.unit
> as a prerequisite to a new subsystems release but am not sure it's really
> necessary. The subsystem-core module uses the last released
> testsupport-unit version of 1.0.0. Attempting to debug subsystem-core code
> while running an itest is not possible apparently due to the pax-exam
> version conflicts. Pointing subsystem-core to the testsupport-unit
> 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT version fixes the issue. Since we've never released
> subsystem-itest, and there are no plans to do so this time, it's not clear
> to me if leaving subsystem-core pointing to the 1.0.0 version will hurt
> anything.
> Thoughts?
> The last release of testsupport-unit is version 1.0.0:
> The release tag is here:
> You can do "svn diff -r 1352338" from trunk to see the changes since the
> last release.
> The only related JIRA I could find is

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect