aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Heads up: Replacing Aries jpa impl for next major version
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 14:04:54 GMT
I have almost finished the preparation of the new aries jpa module for
inclusion into the Apache Aries trunk.

The code is reasonable complete and all current tests pass.
I have also run the OSGi tck for jpa against the current aries jpa code
as well as against the new code.
In the current code we have a lot of test failures the new code
completely passes all tests now.

I have slimmed down the api for the new code as much as possible.
Basically there is just the EmSupplier, JpaTemplate and some necessary
classes for it.

The project structure like groupIds, artifactIds and package names
conforms to aries conventions. The aries parent pom is used.
What is left is to convert the current itests as far as possible to show
that the new code provides the current functionality.

If you can spare some time I would be happy about any feedback.
I plan to create a 1.x branch for the current aries jpa code and put the
new code on trunk on monday.

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect

View raw message