aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject How to run the OSGi tck against aries code
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 08:24:26 GMT
I recently started working with the OSGi tck to check the current aries
impls for spec compliance.

I found that it is quite some work to get the tck working with the aries
code and there seems to be almost no documentation about it.
So I would like to ask who else already ran the tck against aries code
and how they approached it?

I first tried to work with aries blueprint. So I extracted the necessary
dependencies from our itest pom and created a new pom with these
dependencies. I used the maven dependency plugin to copy these
dependencies to the jar directory of the tck. Then I changed the bnd
file of the blueprint test to refer to load the bundles.
After this I got the tests working but found a lot of test failures.
This is probably normal as we have no jenkins job for the tck tests.

One other interesting thing I found is that the test bundles from the
tck contain the test sources in OSGI-OPT inside the jar and that eclipse
can show the sources from there which helps a lot.

Something I did not yet try was to debug thorugh the tests using
eclipse. As the tests are run using bnd I am not even sure how this is done.

As we are producing even some reference impls of OSGi specs I think we
should have an easy to use setup to run the tck. We should probably also
run automated jenkins builds for the tck. I saw that some eclipse
projects are doing this. As access to the tck is restricted I am not
sure how we can implement this but it would help a lot to have it.

Does any of you already have such a setup?

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect

View raw message