aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: Proposal for a new aries jpa 2.0 code base
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:12:24 GMT
Closures are not mandatory. The jpa code does not depend on Java 8 apart
from the closure based example of course.

The JpaTemplate basically works like the sping jms templates or similar.
So without Java 8 you would implement an anon class where you put your
code to be run inside the transaction. In Java 8 closures just make this
look nicer.

On 21.04.2015 12:52, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
> Hi,
> without having the time to look at it.
> Just one comment that crossed my mind reading it.
> Do you really think using closures is a good idea?
> I know JDK7 is pretty much eol, but a lot of people still are on J7
> codebase ....
> just my 2 cents ;)
> regards, Achim

Christian Schneider