aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Proposal for a new aries jpa 2.0 code base
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 08:36:55 GMT
In the thread Prototype for a new aries jpa impl Guiseppe and me worked
on an experimental code base for jpa support.
We now are at a point where the use cases we have work quite well.

For information here are the corner stones of the new design:

The prototype code is at:

The goals for the new design are:
- Simpler and more robust implementation using OSGi service dynamics.
Tracking all dependencies including data source and publishing
EntityManagerFactory only while all are present
- Move wrapping XA DataSources to pax-jdbc
- Support for other frameworks like declarative services using
JPATemplate and Java 8 closures for convenience.

At this point we would like to bring this code back into the aries code
We aim for making the code a complete replacement of the aries jpa
modules and would like to release it as a new major version 2.0.0. So
people will know that not everything is completely compatible.

Please speak up if you do not agree with this general plan.

If the aries community is ok with using the new code base for a 2.0.0
version then we could either work on the new code on a branch and switch
it to trunk when it is ready as a replacement or we could put it into
trunk now and create a branch for the maintenance of the existing jpa

So what do you think?

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect

View raw message