aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: Prototype for a new aries jpa impl
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 20:00:25 GMT
Thanks. Will also look into it.

It could also be related to the check if the EnityManager is
RESOURCE_LOCAL or JTA. Maybe we have to defer this check.
In a new change I did not yet commit I removed most of the
differentiation beetween JTA and RESOURCE_LOCAL in the jpa-blueprint module.
After this change it might be easier to get it working.

On 08.04.2015 18:44, Giuseppe Gerla wrote:
> Hi Christian
> today I make some integration test in Karaf 2.4.1 using last version of
> jpa-experiments and my bundles.
> I found a problem about EmSupplierProxy. When the class TxBeanProcessor try
> to getTransactionType call preCall method of EmSupplierProxy that try to
> retrieve the osgi service instance  of EmSupplier. The problem is that this
> service is registered after, so I have a NullPointerException (after wait
> 10 seconds).
> I try to increase the wait period to 100 seconds, but it seems that the
> registration of EmSupplier service is synchronous and postponed to the wait.
> I'm thinking that the problem is linked to my implementation of
> configuration management, because I move the registration of emf to the
> updated method.
> I will make a more detailed analysis tomorrow to find a solution.
> Regards
> Giuseppe
>> Hi all
>> I try to do some integration test deploying the new implementation with
>> eclipselink and my test bundle.
>> I make a change on the logic of PersistenceProvider service filter. To be
>> abstract I don't want define the class of implementation in
>> persistence.xml, so in this case I cannot filter using the class name.
>> I found and fix also some minor issues.
>> I open another pull request.
>> However, I don't make several test (like transaction and so on), but from
>> my point of the new implementation is more easy to manage of actual aries
>> jpa.
>> Regards
>> Giuseppe
>>> Hi guys,
>>> Giuseppe, I like your first implementation. I gonna take a deeper look
>>> this afternoon.
>>> Regards
>>> JB

Christian Schneider