aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject [VOTE] Release aries blueprint-authz 1.0.0 and blueprint-maven-plugin 1.0.0
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 16:44:44 GMT
As discussed previously, I staged releases for two new blueprint modules:

Staging repository:

blueprint-maven-plugin 1.0.0
org.apache.aries.blueprint-authz 1.0.0

In sum there are only these two issues:
Add blueprint maven plugin
JAAS and JEE annotation based authorization

For the blueprint maven plugin there is an example project at:

The issue above also contains some more details.

The plugin creates blueprint.xml from JEE as well as from spring
annotations. The number of supported annotations is limited but enough
to create even mid size projects. I plan to add documentation about the
plugin to the aries website.

Is a blueprint extension that can be enabled using a simple
<authz:enabled/> element in blueprint. The namespace is

When authorization is enabled then beans are scanned for @RolesAllowed
and @DenyAll annotations. If any are found then an interceptor is
installed that checks access to the beans using a JAAS context.

There is a test in blueprint itests that shows the usage:

Please review and vote
[ ] +1 Release those bundles
[ ] -1 Do not

Here is my +1 (non binding)