aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Discuss Release of aries jpa bundles
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:14:28 GMT
The last release of aries jpa fixes an important bug but is not
compatible to jpa 2.0 providers anymore.
In the mean time we fixed this. So the current aries jpa trunk works
well with jpa 2.0 and 2.1.

I would like to release the aries bundles as soon as possible to finally
ship the fix to the bug below.
I created a feature snippet for karaf that you can use to quickly test
the current snapshots as a drop in replacement for the jpa feature.

As we currently have quite a few different versions of the jpa bundles I
would also like to sync the versions. So I propose we set all the jpa
bundles to version 1.1.0. This would then also reflect that we now
support jpa 2.1 which is not just a bugfix.

The current snapshot also includes some more improvements. For example
the EntityManager in container.context now does not use synchronized all
over the place (thanks to Guillaume) which was a severe performance

     <feature name="jpa" description="OSGi Persistence Container"
version="1.0.4" resolver="(obr)">
         <details>JPA implementation provided by Apache Aries JPA 1.0.4.
NB: this feature doesn't provide the JPA engine, you have to install one
by yourself (OpenJPA for instance)</details>
         <bundle dependency="true"
         <bundle dependency="true"

This is the main bug I would like to have solved in the new

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect

View raw message