aries-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: Problem with Manifest of current aries bundles: Require-Capability:; filter="(&("
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 13:52:43 GMT
As far as I can see we already define the capabiltiy in
etc/ but it does not seem to work.

In a plain karaf 3.0.0 I can call "capabilities 0" and get no
capability. If I remove the
lines that define the org.osgi.framework.system.capabilities= \ in then the capability is there.

So I think we have some error in this definition.

In any case as it does not seem to work out of the box I propose we try
to find a way to omit the requirement in the aries bundles for now.
So we have more time to fix this in a new release. Does anyone know how
this can be configured in the maven bundle plugin?

> We have to add in the etc/ It's where we define the
> system package and version.
> Regards
> JB
> On 06/25/2014 03:12 PM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>> How is this done? Can it be done on an existing karaf version using just
>> configuration or do we need a new release?
>> Christian
>> On 25.06.2014 15:03, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
>>> We should add this requirement to the container as provided, since this
>>> will affect a lot of people using the maven-bundle-plugin 2.5
>>> Regards, Achim
>>> sent from mobile device

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect