aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <>
Subject Aries Jenkins flakyness
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 15:49:31 GMT
Hi all,

I've been wondering for a while about the state of Aries Jenkins runs.
As far as I can see they are always failing for reasons that don't
have anything to do with any recent changes.

1. I'm seeing an NPE in hudson:
ERROR: Publisher hudson.tasks.test.AggregatedTestResultPublisher
aborted due to exception
        at hudson.tasks.test.AggregatedTestResultPublisher$TestResultAction.getProject(
        at hudson.tasks.test.AggregatedTestResultPublisher$TestResultAction.<init>(
        at hudson.tasks.test.AggregatedTestResultPublisher$TestResultAction.<init>(
        at hudson.tasks.test.AggregatedTestResultPublisher.perform(
        at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$1.perform(
        at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.perform(
        at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.performAllBuildSteps(
        at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild$MavenModuleSetBuildExecution.post2(
        at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$
        at hudson.model.Run.execute(
        at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(

2. I'm also sometimes seeing some blueprint-related issues (e.g. in
java.lang.RuntimeException: Gave up waiting for service
at org.apache.aries.itest.RichBundleContext.getService(
at org.apache.aries.itest.RichBundleContext.getService(
at org.apache.aries.blueprint.itests.Helper.getBlueprintContainerForBundle(
at org.apache.aries.blueprint.itests.ASMMultiBundleTest.multiBundleTest(

Anyone an idea on how we can get Jenkins to be useful again?
1. seems to be an internal exception in Hudson/Jenkins?
2. might have something to do with the available resources on the machine?
anyway, these are just guesses from my side, but I think it would be
valuable to get Jenkins back on track because right now it's less than
useful IMHO...

View raw message