aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <>
Subject Re: Running Subsystems without Blueprint?
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:44:01 GMT
Hi Carsten,

I think that makes sense. Whether you use Blueprint, DS, OSGi/CDI or
whatever else as a component framework is a little bit a matter of
taste. I agree that it would be good to decouple the subsystems
implementation from the component framework so that people can make
that choice independently...

I'm sure that if you provide patches they will be looked at :)

On 17 January 2014 16:39, Carsten Ziegeler <> wrote:
> Hi,
> we would like to run the subsystems implementation without Blueprint. It's
> not a matter whether Blueprint is good or not and I don't want to start a
> thread about that :). The main reason are a) we want to have Subsystems
> running as soon as possible and with as less dependencies as possible b) we
> can't ship Blueprint with our products (and again this decision is not
> caused by technical reasons)
> Now if I look correctly, the only bundles requiring Blueprint are the
> application.utils and application.modeller. Naive looking it should be
> straight forward to migrate these to use an Activator and register the
> services by hand.
> My question is now, if I would provide the patches, is there interest in
> applying them?
> Regards
> Carsten
> --